Re: Storage/Compact Shelving/Urgent Move

Bill:  We purchased SpaceSaver on the strength of the recommendations of
many satisfied customers in our area; the SpaceSaver folks have been very
easy to work with, and they stand behind their product.

At 03:24 PM 10/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I urgently need suggestions regarding compact or other archival storage
shelving.

>The archives and curatorial departments have just been informed that we
will be moving our offices in about 4 weeks to the administrative/executive
floor.
>Happily, we will have a little more space and possibly a slightly larger
storage facility.  Our current room measures 12.5 X 14.5 feet (8.5
ceilings) and is shared by the
>manuscript curator, archivist and Faberge curator.  We're hoping for a
slightly larger room in our new location.

>Please forward any suggestions regarding manufacturers like SpaceSaver or
others you have found useful or easy to work with.  If possible please
include contact names of sales reps you've worked with.  Our shelves would
of course have to be deepter (18"?) than traditional book shelves, however,
some rare books and manuscripts will be housed in the room as well.  This
may be a custom installation and with this small space we want to maximize
the storage available.

>We have no idea of the dimensions of the new space or configuration.  We
are trying our best to influence the project and get our needs meet without
knowing the
>parameters.
>
>All suggestions welcome and thank you.
>
>Bill Casari
>Forbes Archivist
>212-620-1829
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

"He who destroyes a good Booke, kills reason it selfe"

Dr. Laura McLemore, CA
College Archivist
Austin College
Suite 6L