Re: Storage/Compact Shelving/Urgent Move

William Casari wrote:

> I urgently need suggestions regarding compact or other archival storage shelving.
>
> The archives and curatorial departments have just been informed that we will be moving our offices in about 4 weeks to the administrative/executive floor.

Mr. Casari,
The first thing someone needs to ascertain is whether or not the floor loading in your new space will support shelving let alone compact shelving.  Most office areas are rated at about 50lbs loading per square foot while compact shelving might require loading of 200lbs per square foot.  You need an architect or engineer to look at as built specifications and make a recommendation.  Dick King, University of Arizona
begin:vcard
n:King;Richard
tel;fax:520.889.5660
tel;work:520.889.5666