Re: old newspaper

Barbara,
        Your solution is the best one considering the material's condition &
the importance to your collection.  I imagine the cost of having a
conservator attempt ot remove the items would be prohibitive.  You might
want to consider disbinding the scrapbook and microfilming at some time, so
you can generate future copies without stressing the original.