Re: Friday Frivolities

I knew I was an Archivist when about a year after I started working, I went
to pick up a collection from a donor.  I went to his house and he had files
everywhere from the second story bedrooms to the basement (and in
California, a basement is a rare thing).  While I went from room to room to
box files, his old large black standard poodle followed me and had his nose
in everything and was a real help.  Meanwhile, the gentleman was at his
grand piano in the livingroom composing music for a pupit show.  He would
call out, "Come hear this, what do you think about this," and play wonderful
music and sing.  I loved it and knew then and there I was born to rummage
through people's lives and save how fabulous they are!

Lucinda Glenn Rand
Graduate Theological Union Archives
Berkeley, CA