Re: Simple Questions

--- clair gornowicz <clairann@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Greetings-
>
> I am currently finishing my undergrad degree in
> public history, but I am
> very interested in continuing down the path of
> archives work.  I have been
> working, as a student, in our University Archives,
> but am really seeking any
> advice anyone can supply about what might be my best
> choice for a next step,
> grad school, work, another internship?  any reply at
> all would be great.
>
> Thank you,
> Clair Gornowicz

You don't say where you're at or if you can relocate.
For instance, due to my financial situation, I had to
look at programs within my state, so I could get
in-state tuition rates.
Here's the web site of one of the better programs in
the country.
http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/%7Epcs/pcs.html

Preservation and Conservation Studies at the Graduate
School of Library and Information Science at UT-Austin
offers the only full professional education programs
in the United States in library and archives
conservation and preservation administration.
For additional information about the program, contact:
Preservation and Conservation Studies Graduate School
of Library and Information Science SZB 564 The
University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX 78712
Phone: (512) 471-8290 | Fax: (512) 471-8285
aseago@mail.utexas.edu

Also, have you been reading the job postins on this
list-serv? They give valuable insight into the
requirements for the type of career in archives that
you seem to want.
Hope this helps.
Cindy Rosser
UTPB Odessa