DAT cassettes

I'm turning to my colleagues as a last resort, instead of a first one!
Maybe someone can help me locate a supplier of DAT (digital audio tape)
recorder tape cassettes.  For our oral histories, I have inherited a Sony
TCD-D8 portable recorder and cannot find anyone who sells corresponding
cassettes (1/2 normal-sized, one-sided self-contained cassettes -- NOT
MINIS!)  I tried Sony on-line (lousy site) as well as Staples or BestBuys
websites, with no luck.  My local appliance/Radio Shacks types don't carry
it.  A-V experts at 2 Philadelphia colleges didn't have new suggestions.
Anyone out there have a supplier?  Thanks in advance.

Please respond off list.

F. Michael Angelo
Library Director
Independence Seaport Museum