Re: On this day in 1881

I went to school in Wyatt Earp's hometown of Monmouth, Illinois, and the day
almost escaped me. Thanks for the heads up!!

Neil

Neil Dahlstrom                         1403 King Street
Chief Archivist                        Alexandria, VA 22314
Space Business Archives                (703)535-8090 Voice
ndahlstrom@spacearchive.org

As every Wyatt Earp fan knows, today is the anniversary of the
Gunfight in
the Vacant Lot Next to C.S. Fly's Photographic Studio in Tombstone. Arizona
Territory. The shooting started at 2:46 p.m. and lasted about thirty
seconds.

Michael McColgin
Conservation Officer
Arizona History and Archives Division