From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On Behalf
Of Richard King
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 10:03 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT-CHANGE IN LISERVE OPERATION ON NOV.1

Robert Schmidt wrote:

> To all Archives Listserve members:
>     Everyone is no doubt aware that the "Reply
> To:" setting on our postings is
> set to forward all replies to the entire list
> rather than to the original
> sender of a message. This setting has been the
> cause of much confusion and
> noise on the list, as members have often
> mistakenly sent messages intended
> for a single person to the entire list.

Robert,
We went through a similar trial on the records management list and opted to
the list.  If I want to reply off-list I'll do that.  The occasional errant
personal reply is no big deal.  I also misdial the telephone.  Whoopee!
Hitting the delete key is not onerous.  I personally think this is a
mistake.  Dick King, University of Arizona.