Re: IMPORTANT-CHANGE IN LISERVE OPERATION ON NOV.1

------ =_NextPart_001_01C0403E.6498A810

I also would much prefer leaving the list as is.=A0 Replying to the
individual making the posting runs contrary to the whole concept of a
"listserve" IMHO.=A0 It is not that difficult to reply to the =
individual
when it's requested; the rest of the time, I think there are many of us
that would benefit from answers posted to the entire list.=A0 I can't =
tell
you how many times I've gotten a "me too" response to one of my queries
and wound up forwarding all the replies I got to multiple people who
were also interested in the answers.=A0 I have to wonder how many more
"lurkers" on this list might have benefited in some way from those
answers if they had gone to the group as a whole.=A0 And that doesn't
factor in the possible benefits of everyone else being able to compare
things like permission to publish forms, etc., and comment on them.=A0 =
The
whole group might well have gained something from the query, which I
thought was the principle behind this list in the first place.

Michelle Mumaw Gage
Archivist/Librarian
Minnetrista Cultural Center
& Oakhurst Gardens
765.282.4848 ext. 168

------ =_NextPart_001_01C0403E.6498A810

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE></TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT size=2>I also would much prefer leaving the list as is.&nbsp; Replying
to the individual making the posting runs contrary to the whole concept of a
"listserve" IMHO.&nbsp; It is not that difficult to reply to the individual when
it's requested; the rest of the time, I think there are many of us that would
benefit from answers posted to the entire list.&nbsp; I can't tell you how many
times I've gotten a "me too" response to one of my queries and wound up
forwarding all the replies I got to multiple people who were also interested in
the answers.&nbsp; I have to wonder how many more "lurkers" on this list might
have benefited in some way from those answers if they had gone to the group as a
whole.&nbsp; And that doesn't factor in the possible benefits of everyone else
being able to compare things like permission to publish forms, etc., and comment
on them.&nbsp; The whole group might well have gained something from the query,
which I thought was the principle behind this list in the first
Mumaw Gage<BR>Archivist/Librarian<BR>Minnetrista Cultural Center<BR>&amp;
Oakhurst Gardens<BR>765.282.4848 ext. 168<BR><BR></FONT></P></BODY></HTML>

------ =_NextPart_001_01C0403E.6498A810--