Re: Reply function etc

        The thing is, that there is no way to idiot proof a listserv,
otherwise there wouldn't be those joke lists of "how-to's" about them.  To
make the "reply to" function return to the original sender merely
inconveniences those who take part in the discussion.
        Besides, as has been pointed out, the inadvertent messages are
sometimes the most enjoyable.
        People who inadvertently reply to the list, may just as well
inadvertently send an embarrassingly frank opinion about a message directly
to the original sender, beginning a feud that would not have the benign peer
pressure of colleagues to alleviate it.
                A better thing to eliminate would be the propensity of
listserv members to waste time complaining about the occasional mis-directed
reply.  The best way to handle this is the delete key or reading up a little
on how to set filters in your particular email software.
                Hey, it's my birthday today & I think I should be allowed to
have my way, at least until Nov.1st : )