Re: allowing use of hand-held scanners/portable e-copiers

If I remember correctly, this was discussed at least once earlier. The
general tenor of the answers was that hand-helds were not a good idea
because they involve contact with the item. The list archives may provide
more discussion.

Digital cameras, which we should be seeing soon, should be covered under
whatever policy is in place regarding patrons using their own cameras to
copy photographs. We disallow this practice because we cannot control
either the quality of the image nor the use of the negative.

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections, University of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>