Re: evidence of conspiracies

Bubba Dowell wrote:

> The Anti-Bible Conspiracy

I'll start with the assumption that this is a joke, but will comment on the
accuracy of its statements nonetheless.

> Have you ever noticed that the Library of Congress (a governmental agency)
> call number for Christianity begins "BS?"

Nope. There is no single LC category for "Christianity." Biblical studies is
categorized as BS, but the categories BR, BT, and BV are also exclusively
devoted to Christian topics. Books on various aspects of Christianity, of
course, show up under a wide variety of other categories as well. One could as
well argue that the large number of separate categories for Christian topics
actually suggests a conspiracy on the part of the Library of Congress (and hence
the entire government) to support the claims of Christianity. Just for the
record, I'm not alleging such a conspiracy.

> Both vulgar and blasphemous are these letters.  Vulgar, blasphemous AND
> closely associated with Christianity according to the Library of Congress (a
> governmental agency) minions.  Music as you may know is classified under
> "M."  Other disciplines are classified under their  initial.

Would that include E for "Emerican History"? In fact, the LC categories rarely
match the subject material. N is art, P is literature, R is for medicine, etc.
One could argue that BS actually stands for "Biblical Studies," though I don't
know if that's what was actually intended.

If this were a satire on the religious right, it could have been written more
accurately. If it was a genuine diatribe, then it probably met the usual
standards of accuracy for that genre.

--
Kevin Enns-Rempel, Archivist
Fresno Pacific University