Re: Gore, Bush, and DWI

Thomas Wood wrote:
So Bush's D-Dubya-I was a misdemeanor. The issue, of course, is not this
minor crime but the fact he concealed it and lied about it in
interviews.

You know, I find it interesting that people are questioning Bush's
integrity based on the claim of one reporter.  What about this
reporter's credibility?  Who is he?  We are naive if we think that this
man doesn't have his own agenda; the "unbiased" media is a great
American myth.  Everyone's forgetting one of the historian's basic
rules: Consider the source.
Furthermore, *Bush* accepted his punishment for his wrong-doing.  That
is more than we can say for Clinton (who belongs in jail - other people
ARE sent to jail for perjury) or Gore (who apparently only drinks too
much tea - so he can leave the room while criminal activities are being
planned).

Just my $.02.

Michelle Mumaw Gage
Archivist/Librarian