Re: compact shelving question

One should also keep a sharp eye out for any changes in the "final" floor
plan tendered by the vendor.  When we had our compact shelving installed,
we used the floor plan given us to create an exact shelving plan, which
was crucial, as each manuscript collection had to go back in order.
Trouble was, the shelving company changed the plan several times during
construction without telling us.  We had to do a complete emergency
revision of the shelving plan even as the movers were bringing boxes in
from temporary storage.

Sylvia Bugbee
University of Vermont