Professionalism, Politics and the Public

                               VOTE SURLY AND
LAFFIN',                                              or,
"WHAT"S ALL THIS TALK ABOUT PRESIDENTIAL ERECTIONS?"

> > Why it is NOT appropriate to post partisan political messages on this
> > list:
>
> (3) When you are next applying for a job someone will do an internet
> search for your name, pull your postings from the list archives, and
> conclude you must be e-illiterate since you post inappropriate messages to
> professional listserves.

 AND YOU'LL NEVER EAT LUNCH on this listserv again, you partisan poops!

Thus doth conspicuosness make cowards of us all.  Annnnyhooooo, it ain't like
the President of the USA can appoint the Archivist of the United States and
thereby have such leverage with the National Archives and Records
Administration that a departing president and his administration could get
first crack at weeding the official, publical, historical record and then that
Archivist of the U.S. could land a job at that president's presidential
library in a deal that I'd call tit-for-tat if it weren't that I was afraid of
writing the word tit in this professional forum knowing that it will be taken
down and used as evidence against me.  It ain't as if the President can
appoint some Archivist of the United States who is more political crony than
qualified archivist and then a bazillion INTERNal--speaking of First Crackers
and tit-for-tattling--White House e-mails on the subject of Presidential
philately can go missing, la-dee-da, la-dee-da.  No, what we have here in the
U.S. is a  Doctrine Separation of Powers, and that means either (or both):  1)
Some people have power and some are separated from it, or 2) We don't gotta
connect the power to pull that lever with the power of thought.

I thank the God who created these United States that the archival profession
here is completely free from the influence of partisan politics.

My piece I give you.  My piece I leave you.

Michael "Agent Provocateur" Tarabulski
Prison without a name
Cell without a number
Bunk without a pillow