Re: Inmagic inquire

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Silvia Hansman wrote:

> Most of the messages are from 93- 98. Most users seem to be very happy
> with Inmagic. Not much information about the other systems. I wonder if
> there is any change. I would

We have a library system kludging along in Inmagic. Apparently unless you
buy the "full bells and whistles" version you get something that's more
than a little creaky.  The person who deals with this in our office has to
do a search, select, capture, and then put the data into a word processing
system to do HTML coding and uploading. Really complicated! If she keeled
over tomorrow I don't have a clue as to how she goes through the 30 steps
over whatever to do it.

So, it's not really an OPAC, nor does this version have a circulation
component.  This would not have been my choice, but wasn't my call.  I
don't personally enjoy the interface for searching either.

Look in the PRC "Library" section if you want to see it...

Carole "no one asked me.."  Nowicke
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>