Re: FW: Museum exhibition files-- retention question

Ditto for me. I am often called upon, as a librarian, to find really
obscure, often foreign items. Any clue to the source is essential for me to
get this item for the patron. It is often more obscure things that are of
great value. So many periodicals are defunct, with limited library holdings
often some distance away. If you do not include the bibliographic info, that
trail will be lost. That could result in patron dissatisfaction, something
which was discussed in library school.  I am not sure if that is something
archivists have considered, but I often ask myself that question when
dealing with a patron. Just my nickel's worth on this fine Friday.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library
100 Kindel Drive, Suite C212