storing plaques

I went through the archives of e-mail on plaques and found a lot of
discussion of whether or not to keep them, but very little about how
to keep them. I have a moderate number of plaques to store (metal on
wood); I also have some jiffy bags that might fit most if not all of
them. Would it be workable to store the plaques in jiffy bags to
protect them from further scratches, etc.?

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive