Re: RAIN in the comics

>the Steve Roper comic strip is running a rather amusing (to
>me, anyway!) story line about Roper and his sidekick having to rummage
>through a newspaper's long-derelict archives. It started Monday.

I had a friend e-mail me the Roper URL:
  http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/sroper/about.htm

Today's posting to the web site has a character setting off to search for a
negative in the newspaper's files.  She tells her friend "I oughta be
finished by tomorrow afternoon."

Oooh, the suspense is building.  Will she meet an archivist?  Will she have
a good experience?  Will the photos be organized following a topical
arrangement, or will they be filed in chronological order?  Will she be
required to wear white cotton gloves?  Will she be able to use a
computerized index to call up a digitized image?  Will the index meet EAD
requirements?  Will she care?

Oooh.

Erik (dreaming of growing up to be just like Kim Scott) Nordberg
Michigan Tech