I'm baaack

Hello all,

After a longer absence than I anticipated, I have finally returned to
the warm, welcoming arms of the archives list.  Thanks (but no thanks)
to the trusty folks at tech support ("Oh, you needed to send in that
_other_ form to get email & internet access"), I am up & running,
electronically anyway.

For my own concerns about offending people I had refrained from
announcing my new post, but I'm pleases to let you all know that I have
joined the North Shore - Long Island Jewish Health System, a
conglomeration of some 17 health care facilities in the Queens/Nassau
County area of New York.  Other than the usual first fortnight jitters &

issues (where is everything? how do I...? they're not going to fire me,
are they?) things are moving along very nicely, and people have been as
friendly as can be.

I may as well make my first post a little useful, so I'll ask - is there

a listserv of medical archivists floating around the net anywhere?  I
know there's a small group of medical archivists here in NY, but I'm
wondering if there's a larger group out there.

Believe it or not, I've missed you folks.

DS

Daniel Sokolow
Archives Coordinator
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
dsokolow@nshs.edu