British Ministry of Pensions (Canadian Office)

Title: British Ministry of Pensions (Canadian Office)

Does anyone know what happened to the British Ministry of Pensions office (and their records) that used to be in Ottawa, Canada.  It was an office that administered pensions to American War Orphans (English fathers/American Mothers).  My last contact with them was around 1964.  Our local library in Seattle, WA has no reference to its existence.  I would like to research and obtain files for genealogical purposes.  Does anyone from Canada know whom I can contact to obtain information?  The return address said:  On His Majesty's Service and later, after Queen Elizabeth was crowned, On Her Majesty's Service and the office was in Canada.  Any information will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Anne Foster Angelou
Records Management Analyst
Archives and Records Management
(206) 296-1572