Need a reading list

Dear fellow ListServ subscribers,

I have recently been asked to assume responsibility for our library's small archives collection.  I have no previous experience with archives, and will need to write a draft archival policy in the next year.  I am hoping to attend the Archives Institute 2001 in Massachusetts in June, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for reading I might do between now and then.

I would appreciate any suggestions, either on or off the list.

Thank you,
Lisa Donadio

Lisa Donadio
Technical Services Assistant