Re: Reply function

Peter Kurilecz wrote:
>Then you wouldn't receive the RAIN postings as my AOL account is set to
>"NOMAIL".

I gotta have my RAIN!!!!  Also, I don't see any reason to exclude those
people who prefer to peruse the Archives archive rather than load up their
email.  Many of them may only have limited access to it and therefore cant
aford to have email regularly piling up.

As for the reply function itself, the list has seemed quiet for the last
month and I don't mind that so much.  However, as an intern and new in the
archival/collections field I also miss many of the insightful responses to
some situational questions I would never go looking for, not to mention,
these responses are no longer on the List archives to go searching for.

All in all, I can see positive aspects to both ways but the more educational
policy (IMHO) is to return the list to the previous reply function.

My two cents,
Tom Anderson; Collections
American Museum of Science and Energy
300 S. Tulane
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865) 576-3228 (Voice), (865) 576-6024 (Fax)