Re: Reply function

In a message dated 11/30/2000 11:44:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
peter.kurilecz@WOODSIDESUMMITGROUP.COM writes:

> I would gladly accept the return of the "reply to the list" function if we
>  can ensure the elimination of the "me, too" replies. And that repliers
>  judiciously edit their responses so that we would not see the original
>  message over and over again.

There is no way to "ensure" that out of hundreds of subscribers, some won't
be human.

Some lists and message boards post a short FAQ type reminder and plea
periodically.

As for Spam, this list is the only one I subscribe to that does not preface
the subject line with a tag like [78-l]..., [AV Media Matters]..., etc.
These tags allow one to filter out Spam without opening it, or at least
segregate the LISTSERV messages.

I automatically archive LISTSERV messages and the lack of a tag on this one
means I can have only one on this screen name.

Mike Csontos