Information on Archival Science before December 4th

As of September 2000 I am a parttime student in Archival Science at the
University of Amsterdam (Faculty of Humanities).
The major Archival Science takes 3 years. The introductory module of the
first trimester payed attention to the position of archival science, to
basic concepts, to the societal functions of archives, to organisations
and information systems, and to the status of the profession.
The next two trimesters are focused on 'Archives and their Functions'
[e.g. the relations with the information system and with the
organisation itself] and 'Archives and their management/control'
[organisational context, quality as a management goal, selection,
retrieval] respectively.

For a concluding report we have recently been asked to subscribe on a
listserve, find out if there are students abroad following a course in
archival science, and get information about the program and subjects
they are following.
I realize this request is rather late, because we are supposed to
present the results in a paper on Monday December 4th.
I hope nevertheless that some of you can and will respond, giving short
notice about the program and subjects they are following.

About myself:
I am living in Amsterdam since 1969, where I studied political sciences
at the University of Amsterdam [bachelor's degree in 1973]. Had jobs
with a bank and as a social officer with the municipality of Amsterdam.
Since January 2000 I am a parttime staffmember with Defence for Children
International -section The Netherlands. This is an organisation in
between Amnesty International and Unicef. My main task there is with the
archives of the International Working Group on Child Labour, which
existed from 1992 untill 1998.
Besides that I have a private - musicological and historical - interest
of my own: the last two years I have been [and are] doing research in
archives and libraries to find out more about the life and activities of
Daniel de Lange. He was born 1841 in Rotterdam, and died in 1918 in
Point Loma, California. He was a Dutch musician, composer, musical
director, writer/critic, and founder of the Amsterdam conservatory.

If someone studying archival science is willing to respond to the
request about the actual program, please reply off-list to me [and if
so, before Monday, December 4th, 00.00 hrs GMT].

Jacques Kleverlaan
Amsterdam.