Re: NEW reel-to-reel players

I've used both the Otari 5050, Studer, and Ampex (no longer made) for audio production.  The Otari is an excellent value.  Studer, of course, is in a class by itself, but costs mucho dinero.  Both are practically bullet-proof, and with proper maintenance, should give many years of good service.

Glenn Sherman
Project Assistant
Connecticut Newspaper Project
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT  06106

>>> djellema@MTSU.EDU 12/04/00 11:24AM >>>
Here's an answer to a recent inquiry about new recorders, from our sound
archivist.

> OTARI CORP. still makes a couple of models:
> the 5050 is excellent (about 4.5K, I think) and TASCAM (Panasonic) makes
> the model 32-2 at 2.7K dollars.
>       Bruce Nemerov

David Jellema
Center for Popular Music