Re: Advice needed - soliciting funds from archival donors

I have worked with some archives that ask the donors if it alright if they
sell envelopes, stamps, etc. that come along with the collection.

This gives the donor a good tax deduction (full market value), keeps the
arhive from having to maintain collectables, and provides much needed funds.

Also, if the donor chooses to sell the collectables to me via the archive,
then I provide a finders fee in the form of a donation.

Contact me on or off line with any questions.

Doug Mattox

Mattox Coins and Stamps
PO Box 12084
Raleigh, NC 27605