Re: CD Life - was Film vs CD Revisited - LONG EMAIL

Even if we accept the 100 year life span for the CD, will the equipment be available to retrieve the data, or would we have to turn to a very large and complete computer museum.  If we judge by experience with 8" and 5 1/4 inch floppies, the equipment to retrieve data disappeared as or more quickly than the data itself.

>>> LewinJim@CS.COM 12/08 9:54 AM >>>