Friday Funny

If you don't like Christmas stories, read no further.

I've given three talks this week on the topic of Christmas
traditions and history, which I intersperse with "horrible,
terrible" jokes (the quotes are NOT mine!).   Here's my
humor on the Wise Men.

There were actually four Wise Men not three, but he
brought fruitcake and they wouldn't let him in!

There's a story that one of the Wise Men was tall and
as he entered the stable, he bumped his head.  And
he muttered "Jesus Christ!"     Joseph quickly said,
'Mary, write that down!  That sounds a lot better than
Clyde."

[I've already passed along the three Wise Men from "afar"]

And finally,

As the Wise Men were travelling, one was heard to remark:
"Mark my words, Balthasar, there's no telling what giving these
gifts may lead to!"

And there is NO truth that Christmas is cancelled in Washington,
because they can't find three Wise Men (let alone seven)!

Dean
Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338