University of Maryland Temporary Closing

Dear Everyone,

The Historical Manuscripts, Literary Manuscripts, and University
Archives units of the Archives and Manuscripts Department at the
University of Maryland, College Park, will be relocating from McKeldin
Library to the newly renovated Hornbake Library on campus, along with
Marylandia and Rare Books and the                 National Trust for
Historic Preservation Library Collection.

These units will be COMPLETELY CLOSED to researchers between December
16, 2000 and January 28, 2001. We are scheduled to reopen on
Monday,          January 29, 2001. These dates are subject to change.

Please be aware that, as preparations for the move progress, collections
will gradually become unavailable to patrons. When planning a research
visit that involves long-distance travel, patrons are advised to check
collection and staff availability first, particularly towards the end of
January.

For more information and updates, please see our web site at

http://www.lib.umd.edu/UMCP/ARCV/arcvmss/arcvmss.html

or contact me for any questions.

Thank you!
--
Jennie A. Levine
Assistant Curator for Historical Manuscripts