Re: RAIN 12/14: 5Ok

Title: RE: RAIN 12/14: 5Ok

Perhaps I'm being nitpicky, but this rubbed me the wrong way:

>Omaha World-Herald 12/13/00
>Exon's papers move online starting today
>http://new.omaha.com/index.atp?u_div=3&u_hdg=0&u_sid=46525
>by C. David Kotok
>Lincoln - J.J. Exon, who built his formidable political reputation with a
>firm handshake, a hearty laugh and impeccable street smarts, is not hiding
>his U.S. Senate papers in some musty library vault.
>The online Exon Library Foundation will be formally clicked into action
>today by the former two-term Nebraska governor and three-term U.S. senator
>during a 5:30 p.m. reception at the Exon Center, 985 S. 27th St.

So according to this logic, people who donate their papers to an archive or library are hiding them, while digitization is the one and only way to truly be "open."  Sheesh.  Besides, must vaults always be musty?

Crankily,

Julie Kerssen
King County, WA