Re: cell phone use in Archives Research Rooms

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiaukaras, Sheri [mailto:skiaukaras@SOS.STATE.GA.US]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 4:13 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: cell phone use in Archives Research Rooms

We allow patron to leave their pager or cell phones on, only if they set
them on the vibrate mode.  If they do not have a vibrating mode, then it
must be turned off.  Then if they need to make a phone call we ask them to
leave the research library and take the call in the lobby.

Most people follow the rules and step outside, but yet there are those who
seem above everyone else.  I believe the same type of person who would use a
cell phone in a library are the same people who drive 40 in the left hand
lane (the fast lane) while using the cell phone.  I think cell phone should
be banded on the highway too!!!

Sheri Kiaukaras
Reference Archivist
Georgia Department of Archives and History