Re: Holiday Songs

Don't forget "Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer." This year we bought one of those lighted up reindeer to put on our lawn. As I was aseembling it, a heavy piece fell down and attacked one of my cats (who, fortunately, was not injured), so we have now been singing "Janie got run over by a reindeer."

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> "Angelou, Anne" <Anne.Angelou@METROKC.GOV> 12/22/00 02:39PM >>>
In my "other" life I have a holiday quartet that performs during the month
of December every night.  We sing Christmas and Chanukah selections.  We
usually re-write one verse of Jolly Old St. Nicholas as follows:

Johnny wants a DVD
Susie wants a fax
Nellie wants some Starbucks shares
But our Visa's maxed

It always gets a laugh from our audience, corny & childish as it is.
Any variations (fit for public performance, and in good taste) are welcome.
We're getting tired of the same old words and we have three more
performances.

I'm also rewriting We Three Kings...

We three kings...
tired and hungry, chasing the star
camels stumbling, stomachs grumbling
Hoping the child's not far
Oh, oh...
etc.

If you have any brilliant ideas, forward them to my private email:
annoulitsa@aol.com
We may be able to use them at tonight's performance.

By the way, have you heard the "Twelve Days After Christmas"?  It's a
scream:  "The first day after Christmas, my true love and I had a fight, and
so I chopped the pear tree down and burned it just for spite.  And with a
single cartridge, I shot that blasted partridge, my true love, my true love
gave to me."
There is also the "Selfish Carol", "Good King Kong", "O Little Town of
Hackensack".  Yes, we do traditional carols in good taste, beautiful
melodies, etc. but we need to have a little fun.

I thought this "off topic" email was OK considering the many I have been
reading that have nothing whatsoever to do with Archives or Records
Management.

Happy, safe and blessed New Year to all of you.

Anne Foster Angelou
Records Management Analyst
Archives and Records Management
(206) 296-1572