Re: Northlander Footage

The railroad you're looking for is the Ontario Northland.

I can suggest a couple of resources. Trains Magazine at  http://www.trainsmag.com  may have something available. You could also try the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, CA (a long shot, but always surprising) and the B&O Museum in Baltimore, Maryland. I've also heard that there is at least one substantial railroad museum in Ontario or Quebec that may be of help. A list of museums can be accessed from the Trains Magazine site, using the Rail Links button.

Best wishes for the new year,

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086
tberry@wcnet.org
http://www.hcea.net

Francis Litzinger wrote:

I am trying to find any archival footage of a train -
the Northland, sometimes refered to as the
Northlander.

It's a railway service that runs in Northern Ontario,
Canada.

The train has been servicing the Northern part of the
province for almost 90 years.

I am desperate for any footage.

I've tried the National Archives, the Provincial
Archives, and the CBC, where I work.

Francis Litzinger
Visual Researcher
CBC