Re: Cooperative, contract or other "joint archives"

Here we are the archives for the college, for the church denomination
(General Conference Mennonite Church, soon to merge with the Mennonite
Church to form the Mennonite Church USA), for at least one of the regional
districts of the General Conference, and several other smaller Mennonite
organizations. Some of these arrangements are informal. Does this qualify
as a cooperative or joint archives.

I'd be very interested in hearing more about other "joint" archives such as
in Holland Michigan. We've had intermittent discussions about the
possibility of trying to do cooperative archival work with other groups:
the local historical society, other colleges, local governments, etc. and
I'm wondering what kinds of governance arrangements places like Holland
have made.

John D. Thiesen
Archivist and Co-director of Libraries
Mennonite Library and Archives