Re: Cooperative, contract or other "joint archives"

Here at the Center for Jewish History, we have three existing archives among
the five constituent members which came together to form the Center. We
fairly quickly integrated all our reference books, which are on open stacks
in our Research Reading Room. These are noted in the catalogs by
location/shelf listings. In the Reading Room itself , there is an archivist
or librarian from each partner on duty all day.
All the other archival material, in the closed stacks, is organized
differently by each partner; e.g., by record group number, by physical
location designation, by series designation. We have no immediate plans to
integrate these collections, but may have an on-line cross-reference system
by subject or name when we get more into a Center-wide EAD mark-up project
for all our finding aids.

Gunnar M. Berg, Archivist
gberg@yivo.cjh.org