From: Sally K. Sutherland [mailto:SallyS@UWYO.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 12:41 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: fundraising for shelving

In the next 2-3 years, my institution seeks to raise more than $750,000 to
install additional compact mobile shelving in our existing facility.  When
we moved into the building seven years ago we could not afford to install
compact mobile shelving into all the storage areas.  Now, we are looking to
expand our storage capacity and have price estimates to install compact
shelving in four additional areas in the building.

I'm looking for ideas on how to "sell" shelving units to prospective donors
and would appreciate learning from any of you who have faced a similar
challenge.

Please respond to me individually at sallys@uwyo.edu
<mailto:sallys@uwyo.edu>  and I'll share a synopsis of your responses with
the list.