From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of richter@EDGEWOOD.EDU
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 5:14 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: A query

A colleague has come to me seeking information and, after some searching, I
am obliged to admit I haven't a clue.  Can someone out there help?  She and
I will both be very grateful.

Does any repository hold papers or records of Count Vasily Adlerberg, who
was  born, probably in Russia in the early 1900s?  His society friends,
among whom were Marjorie Merriweather Post and Diana Vreeland, called him
Va-Va.  He worked for jeweler Harry Winston with expertise in Russian jewels
and art.  In 1971 he was a Trustee of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and
lived in New York City. These bits of information are all that I have.

Or perhaps there is some print source that has escaped both me and my
colleague?

Please reply directly to me.  I thank you all.

Jean Richter
Edgewood College Archivist
Madison WI
608-663-8350