Job Announcement

Senior Archivist
Archival Services
The History Factory
Chantilly, VA

The History Factory, the national leader in helping businesses leverage
their heritage for their competitive advantage, has an excellent
opportunity for a professional archivist interested in managing business
or organizational archives. The successful candidate will work with a
team of archivists under the Vice President, Archival Services and the
Archival Administrator to manage new and existing archival collections.

Responsibilities: The successful candidate will perform the following
duties: manage and maintain frequent contact with archival client
accounts, conduct archival assessments and appraise records for archival
value, establish records arrangements and prioritize records for
conservation and preservation treatment, process and catalog archival
material for new or existing collections, conduct and supervise research
and reference services, direct and closely monitor lower-level staff
members in basic processing, cataloging, and reference services.

Requirements: ALA-accredited M. L. S. or M. A. in history or related
discipline with a specialized archival training component, and 2 years
proven experience as a professional archivist. Experience with corporate
or organizational archives is a plus.

Environment: For 21 years, The History Factory has specialized in the
appraisal, processing and management of the historical archives of
leading U. S. businesses and organizations. Our approach to archiving
and communications enables our clients to document and leverage their
heritage for future generations. We offer many related services that
help put corporate history to profitable use. The Archival Services
department coordinate to access, process, catalog and provide reference
service to more than thirty archives (over 12,000 linear feet of
material) maintained at our facility. For further information, visit our
website at www.historyfactory.com.

Compensation: The History Factory is a for-profit business and our
salaries are competitive.

Application for Position: Mail, email or fax a resume with cover letter
and 3 references to:
Steve Hausfeld, Archival Administrator
The History Factory
14140 Parke Long Ct.