Job Announcement

Assistant Archivist
Archival Services
The History Factory
Chantilly, VA

The History Factory, the national leader in helping businesses leverage
their heritage for their competitive advantage, has an excellent
opportunity for a recent graduate or a non-professional with experience
in an archives environment and interested in pursuing a career in the
archival profession. The successful candidate will work under the close
supervision of the Archival Administrator and the Senior Archivists on
specific projects within the field of archives.

Responsibilities: As a member of the Archival Services department, the
successful candidate will perform the following duties directed by the
professional archivists on staff: assist in the processing and
cataloging of archival records, assist in creating records arrangements,
assist in the conservation and preservation of archival material, assist
with reference services and research requests, and assist in writing
text for collection guides (finding aids).

Requirements: ALA-accredited M. L. S., M. A. in history or related
discipline; or a bachelors? degree in history or related discipline and
two years experience in an archival setting. Experience in archival
processing, cataloging, and/or reference services is a plus.

Environment: For 21 years, The History Factory has specialized in the
appraisal, processing and management of the historical archives of
leading U. S. businesses. Our approach to archiving and communications
enables our clients to document and leverage their heritage for future
generations. We offer many related services that help put corporate
history to profitable use. The Archival Services department coordinate
to access, process, catalog and provide reference service to more than
thirty archives (over 12,000 linear feet of material) maintained at our
facility. For further information, visit our website at
www.historyfactory.com.

Compensation: The History Factory is a for-profit company and our
salaries are competitive.

Application for Position: Mail, email or fax a resume with cover letter
and 3 references to:
Steve Hausfeld, Archival Administrator
The History Factory
14140 Parke Long Ct.