Re: "Books for College Libraries" & weeding

I used to work for a university library, and they never weeded anything.
They were hoping to get so many books they would qualify for a newer
bigger building!  I guess they figured university students were smart enough
to check copyright dates, and use data as a historical perspective, rather
than as the uptodate truth....

Just because a college keeps it, doesn't make it something everyone
needs to keep. Consider your population, your patrons, your space allocation,
your budget and your needs.

Sharon Centanne
School Librarian