Re: Epson Stylus Photo 2000P--Archival Quality??

Jan,

I've been doing some reading about this at http://www.tssphoto.com, the
website of a company called The Stock Solution.  Originally a stock photo
agency, they've evolved into a dealer for inkjet printers and accessories,
including products from Epson and other companies.  They post a newsletter,
"Inkjet News and Tips," at http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/advice.html, and
offer limited advice by telephone.  Keeping in mind their commercial
interest, and the fact that they're not conducting scientific tests like
those that other posters have referred you to, still I think their reports
of direct experience using inkjet printers and lightfast inks are well
worth reading.  They compare 4-color and 6-color Epson models, for
instance, commenting on the actual lightfastness of "archival" inks.

Should you learn anything really interesting in your reading, I hope you'll
re-initiate this as a topic on this list.  The resources recommended in the
replies you've received this time are going to be a big help to me as well.

Amy McCrory
Project Archivist
Cartoon Research Library
Ohio State University

It lists among its features:  "Archival Photo Reproduction Quality Printing"

and also says:"Lightfastness rated 200 or more years before noticable [sic]
fading occurs, in normal indoor flourescent [sic]lighting, under a glass
frame, when using Genuine EPSON Archival Inks and compatible EPSON matte
type papers. . . ."