charges for research work

I'm taking over as an archivist after several years as
a reference librarian. I will continue to work aprox.
10 hrs. per week at the reference desk besides my work
as archivist. So, like most of y'all out there in
Archive Land, I'm pretty busy. Also, I don't exactly
have the largest budget to work with. Therefore, I'm
thinking of charging for research conducted for
out-of-town researchers. This would be for research
that takes a substantial amount of time, i.e. one or
more hours, not counting photocopying. My predecessor
never charged for anything except the photocopying.
What is a reasonable fee?
Should I base it on my hourly wage?
(Both as an example of what my employer feels my time
is worth and as a consideration of time not spent
doing my primary job, which deprives my employer of
the services for which they are paying.)
Please respond to me rather than the list.
TIA
Cindy Rosser
Archivst/Reference Librarian
UT-Permian Basin