Re: Survey Results for "What is an archivist?"

The statistics I found most interesting were the following two:

""
9. I believe that the various professional archives associations...promote
awareness of the profession
        Strongly agree                  2       1%
        Agree                           46      21%
        Neither Agree/Disagree          65      29%
        Disagree                        101     45%
        Strongly Disagree               9       4%
        Total                           223

10. I am a member of the Academy of Certified Archivists
        Yes             37      17%
        No              185     83%
        Total           222
""

These seem to indicate a surprisingly low level of confidence in the ability
of archival professional groups to promote our interests, and a low level of
participation in ACA certification.

Thomas J. Wood
Archivist
Archives/Special Collections LIB 144