Re: ARCHIVES Digest - 29 Jan 2001 to 30 Jan 2001 (#2001-32)

Thomas J. Wood wrote:

> These seem to indicate a surprisingly low level of confidence in the ability
> of archival professional groups to promote our interests,

Or to put this less passively, we lack the collective ability to translate our individual conceptualizations of ourselves as professionals into a broader professional agenda that we can move forward through archival professional groups! After all, a professional group can't really do anything without the active engagement of members of the profession it represents.

--
   Bill Landis
Manuscripts Librarian, Special Collections and Archives