Re: charges for research work

Having done research for hire I have some experience in this. What no one
has mentioned is the fact that doing research for someone requires excellent
communication.  Both parties need to have a good working relationship. Even
better is to be well acquainted with one another. If not, many times what
the researcher has found to be what he or she thinks is important, the
client may not. This results in wasted time, money, and acrimony between
parties.

Many times I get calls from people wanting me to do their research. Every
time I give the above reason for not wanting to do it. It usually works.

Christopher Stanwood
Historic Reference Librarian
College of Physicians of Philadelphia
19 S. 22nd St.