Re: Help needed

Dear list,

I just have to throw my 2 cents into this.

>. My first problem is how to express that interest in light of the fact
that it will simply go into storage until we have a bullding finished here,
probably two to three years from now at least.>

I believe that even two or three years down the road is a better alternative
than the situation in which the records currently are in.  I say "go for
'em!"

> My second problem is a bit dicier. I am expected to use my title as
archivist as bragging rights - "We have a full time archivist, so we should
have your collection," to put it a bit crassly. If I worked in the
collections full-time, that would be fine. But I have a problem making such
a claim when, over a given month, 40% of my time is spent in anything but
archival work.>

Which leaves 60% of your time doing archival work and you DO carry the
title---which no one in the organization currently holding the records has,
by the way.  Again, what would be the best alternative for those records?

Just my 2 cents.

Richard Lytle
rlytle@indiana.edu