Coloma, Michigan Historical Society

Title: Coloma, Michigan Historical Society

Does anyone know if there is a Historical Society in Coloma, Michigan and what is the likelihood of microfilmed newspapers existing that would include lists of local military enlistees for WWII.  Even microfilmed newspapers from that time period without enlistment information would be helpful.  Are selective service records (draft registrations, voluntary enlistment) available to the public?  I know that military records are not, once a person is enlisted, unless you have a serial number and there are other complications.  Yes, this is a genealogy question.  I believe military registrations took place in the nearby county.  St. Joseph's?  Berrian?

If anyone can give me a link to a Michigan genealogical interest group or list, it will also be appreciated.

Anne Angelou
Records Management Analyst
King County Archives & Records Management
500 - 4th Avenue, Room 553
(206) 296-1572
FAX (206) 205-1067
www.metrokc.gov/recelec/archives/