Re: Graduate schools

>You also need to consider which aspects of archival work
>that you wish to pursue.  For example, does your interest lie in records
>management or manuscripts?

I would imagine that this would be the first question that you would ask.
Do you wish to work in records and information management sector or in the
archival field. Do you want to work on the front end or the back end of the
process (assuming that there is front and a back) or would you rather be
involved in the whole records continuum. Another question is "Do you want to
work in the private sector, academe/research or government?" Once you have
decided what you area you would like to work in then your choice of programs
is narrowed.

>I'm coming from a liberal arts background and am scheduled to graduate
>in May 2002.

The liberal arts background is great, but be sure to take some courses in
business management, systems analysis, marketing, etc. Recent discussions on
this list point out that these are areas that archivists/records managers
need in their work. To quote R.Stewart "If I knew then, what I know now,
when I was younger..." life would be different for sure, but I wouldn't
change my career.

You might wish to explore this link especially the section on
Colleges/Universities
http://infomgmt.homestead.com/files/websites.htm

(I do not like this "reply to sender" function, I prefer replying to the
list)

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc