(Fwd) Some genealogy sayings

Date sent:              Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:56:00 -0500
From:                   "J. Oppenheimer" <jwally@prodigy.net>
Subject:                Some genealogy sayings

Some sayings about genealogy:

Can a first cousin, once removed, return?

Cemetery: (n) A marble orchard not to be taken for granite.

Crazy.... is a relative term in MY family.

Genealogy: It's all relative in the end anyway.

Genealogy: Tracing yourself back to better people.

I trace my family history so I will know who to blame.

It's hard to be humble with ancestors like mine!

Life takes it's toll. Have exact change ready!

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

That's strange; half my ancestors are WOMEN!

Do I even WANT ancestors?

Some I found I wish I could lose.

Every family tree has some sap in it.

FLOOR: (n) The place for storing your priceless genealogy records.

Friends come and go, but relatives tend to accumulate.

Genealogists never die, they just lose their roots.

Genealogy: A hay stack full of needles. It's the threads I need.

Genealogy: Collecting dead relatives and sometimes a live cousin!

Genealogy: Where you confuse the dead and irritate the living.

Heredity: Everyone believes in it until their children act like fools!

I think my family tree is a few branches short of full bloom.

Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards.

My ancestors are hiding in a witness protection program.

My family tree is a few branches short!

Research: What I'm doing, when I don't know what I'm doing.

Take nothing but ancestors, leave nothing but records.

Theory of relativity: If you go back far enough, we're all related.

p.s. My wife, Christine, is the family genealogist.

In fact, she [seriously] actually has had a book published:

_Long Distance Genealogy_ by Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer

Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble dot com have it.

It's for people who are working on their family tree, and they live in
one place, while the ancestors lived someplace else (covers most of
us).

Jim